The Dillard Family

Monday, July 19, 2010

New Obsession

In November of 2009, one of my best friends Sarah decided to ditch me in the singles ward and get married.  Now don't get me wrong I was totally happy and excited for her, but I was going to miss hanging out all the time.  Fastforward to April 2010, Sarah writes me on Facebook demanding I come over and make my famous Snickerdoodle cookies with her.  I jokingly said, "Sweet deal, Girls Night!" Anyway, I brought everything over to make the cookies and invited a few other friends to join us.   The cookies were delicious as always!
The next day, I get a new Facebook post from Sarah stating that she taken it upon herself to appoint her and I as co-presidents of Girls Night and that every month we would round up the girls and do a fun activity each "member" taking turns hosting and planning the night's activity.  So we have baked a few yummy treats and cratfed a few cute creations, and now it's July 2010 and I have a new addicting obsession- making stuff!
I love to cook, to bake, to sew (on a sewing maching) and to craft.  I can't get enough, I have so many "Wonderful Web sites" (see side bar) I steal all my best creations from.  There is one site in particular I stole my best idea from Design Thief
Quite some ago my cousin Karry created a blog solely for stealing other's ideas and sharing them with others-Genius! So I in turn created a blog to share with all my friends and family the awesome ideas I find lurking on a few of my top crafting sites.  My new blog The Domestic Dillard Diva's name came from an apron kit I saw at JoAnn Fabric and Craft Stores.  I though it fit my sense of style and crafting perfectly!
Enjoy the new blog, I hope you can use a few of my plagarized ideas! :) Also see the side bar of this blog for other "Wonderful Web sites."

No comments:

Post a Comment